Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A New Twist On Nachos

 
So on Sunday I had some time to be creative and had some yellow squash and zucchini to use up before I leave on holiday.  Began by chopping up the veggies into 3/4" cubes and sauteed them in butter and olive oil for just long enough to get them coated.  Put the mixture on a cookie sheet and under the broiler.  Now mind you, you have to keep an eye on them as it is just a moment between looking fabulous and burnt!  Thus I now have my "chips" for nachos.
Once out of the oven, I put some cooked mild sausage on top followed by cheese that was allowed to melt along with salsa and guacamole.  Did not have sour cream, but a good addition if you feel like it.  Then it was time to eat.  Totally delicious (and totally forgot to get a photo at this point).  The low carbs made it a most enjoyable experience.  Trying to be fun and creative in using veggies and meat to make meals that I find most enjoyable. 
Last night I used up the tomatoes and mozzarella in a fun salad that took a festive twist with the addition of bacon.  Sometimes it is out of using up stuff in the frig that you can be most creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment