Thursday, August 1, 2013

Seahawks & Salmon

Back in 1976 Seattle Seahawks played 1st (preseason) game (SF 27, Seattle 20) on this day and lost.  They played in the Kingdome which has since been demolished and a new stadium built that is considered one of the loudest in the entire NFL.  It is crazy to think on this 1st day of August that pre-season football is getting ready to start and that Seattle actually has a good chance to go far this year.  The team is actually considered a contender for the Super Bowl after last year's performance and the various changes they have made to the team.  We shall see.

More Notable Events on August 1:
1995 Westinghouse purchases CBS-TV network
1957 U.S. and Canada create NORAD
1916 Hawaii National Park forms
1834 Slavery abolished through out the British Empire
1831 London Bridge opens to traffic


Just so you don't think I am only thinking about football, because it is not.  There is a lot more to life than that, but I did find it interesting that something so major to the Emerald City did occur that I felt I should share.  BTW, update from my sister on the coast, she is having a great time and for dinner last night went to one of her all time favorite places, Pirate's Cove.  We celebrated her 50th birthday there as I recall.  Below is what she had for main course: 
As she described it - King salmon club baked in a honey BBQ sauce and layered with Swiss cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce. The wedges were accompanied by seasoned fries and garnished with a slice of cantaloupe and a slice of grapefruit. I had eaten the garnish before taking the photo.  If I didn't know better I would think my sister is becoming a foodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment