Monday, August 19, 2013

Not Just Black & White

Yesterday proved to be a day of low energy and doing small tasks that needed attention around the house.  One of those was filling the salt & pepper shakers.  I love the novelty of them and in my apartment I have three sets.
The above set was purchased on a trip to San Francisco to see my friend Ani back in 2003 I believe.  We did some site seeing things in the city and then ventured off to Yosemite.  I cannot tell you why but I always wanted a set of the Golden Gate bridge and as you can see I have it.
Several years ago I went to a gift grab and the set above was one of the gifts.  I was so pleased to get them and use them often.  The person who put them in the gift grab hates them to the point I have to hide them when he comes to visit.  Amusing, but true.  I fear he will smash and break them if they are seen.
Pokey and Gumby are recent additions to the apartment.  Damon gave them to me last Christmas.  I do enjoy them and they make me laugh.  A real jump back in time and at the same time I should share I never watch the show when it was on.  But there is something about how they connect me to my youth which makes me smile.  So you cn see that while the contents is black and white, the containers are anything but!

No comments:

Post a Comment