Saturday, August 3, 2013

What The Heck Is Going On?

Last night I happened to notice across the street that the man who runs a drumming store put up caution tape and blocked off access to his parking lot area.  I thought it was odd, but gave little thought to it.  When I woke up this morning I looked out the window and see a bevy of hairs being put up along Lake City Way similar to that in Portland for the Rose Parade.  What the heck is going on I think to myself.

Then I have my usual chat with Michael on Saturday morning and we are laughing and chatting and getting along, but I keep hearing things outside that are unusual but don't think much of it.  Well, once off the phone, I look out and what do I see but this:
Yes folks, all sort of air-filled creatures being assembled across the street and so it got me looking and searching for what is causing all the commotion.  And in doing a Google search I found:

Pioneer Days
2013 Lake City Pioneer Days and Grand Performance ParadeA Summer Festival of FunAugust 2-3, 2013

Salmon Bake at Lake City Community Center
Friday and Saturday, August 2-3, 2013   12PM-6PM
We’ve freshened up the menu and added International Dancing to this essential part of the Pioneer Days tradition!  Eat inside and have a dance or take your meal out to seating in the park. Watch for details soon.

Street Festival!
Saturday,
August 3  10AM-6PM
The new footprint for our 2013 Street Festival stretches four blocks on NE 125th and wraps the fun around Albert Davis Park. On  28th Ave NE is the Food Fare. Veer right for the pony rides. Seattle Gymnastics is bringing back the mats for tumbling fun.
Follow the music into the park for family seating, the Beer Garden (opens at noon!) and live entertainment (with more seating) on the grass.
This will be a Festival like never seen before!

Vintage Car Show at Lake City Professional Center
Saturday, August 10AM-4PM
Always a favorite at the festival, show cars start arriving at 8:30 AM to register and find their perch for the day on NE 125th and in the lot behind Lake City Professional Center. Be sure to swing by, take a look, have a chat, and for those of a certain age, reminisce among these beauties. Awards are presented at 4PM.

Rotary Kid’s Parade
Saturday, 6PM
Generations of kids have strutted down Lake City Way in the Kid’s Parade. Bring yours to Wells Fargo at 135th & Lake City Way at 5PM.

Grand Performance Parade
Saturday, 7 PM
Bring the family, bring dinner and sit back to enjoy the parade! Clowns and Cowboys (our own Lake City Vigilantes), Pirates, Drums and Drill Teams. It’s the final parade of the year for Seafair and we do it up right! Settle in along the route, (Lake City Way from 130th to 123rd) and enjoy.  Get involved with the Festival this year!!

All I can say is that I am glad that I am getting out of Dodge in time to miss most of this insanity.  Heading over to Rob & Jodie's for an afternoon of beverages and games leading into an evening of dinner and avoiding the chaos going on in my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment