Saturday, August 10, 2013

Willy Wonka & Weddings

Last week Curtis came into the office and shared that he was giving me the first one...
Yes indeed I got a real Wonka Bar.  Had never had one before and it instantly reminded me of the classic movie.  Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is a 1971 musical film adaptation of the 1964 novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, directed by Mel Stuart, and starring Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.  It is a fun and festive movie and in it 5 Wonka Bars are sent out around the world to be discovered as they contain a golden ticket allowing the holder to go inside the Wonka Chocolate Factory. 

In this case, everyone on of the bars Curtis and Josh present will have a golden ticket inviting you to a special party in September.  You see, on August 23rd they are getting married.  Then the next day there is a party for co-workers and family.  The party in September is for friends and will be much more festive.  I was honored to get the first and it appears that I am now invited to both.  One of the few.  I had to keep the whole thing quiet as most of my co-workers are not invited.  It should be a lot of fun.  I really thought it was quite creative.
And yes, I will shatter some of the magic as I looked at the other side of the chocolate bar and indeed it was courteously of Hershey!  Hey, it still is a pretty awesome idea and it does not surprise me coming from those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment