Monday, February 17, 2014

And Life Continues, Not As Planned

Now at this point I would like to say life has moved on, but cannot.  Got a call tonight at 7pm to let me know the elevator is out of  service - again!  They are hoping to have it fixed tomorrow.  The roof continues to leak.  No one showed up yesterday or todayand so will be on the phone later this day.  But wait, there is more.
 
Awoke this morning and knew something was wrong.  Could not get a solid deep breath and yup, majorly concerned.  Got to the doctor and found out that I have an upper chest infection.  I was actually worried it might have been a collapsed lung.  But I was recovering too fast for that to be the problem.  As long as I am not exerting myself I am fine.  But I do need to live.  Doctor has put me on an inhaler and confined me to home for the week.  REST is a must.  I have to be laying down with CPAP at least 4 times a day.  The inhaler makes me light headed initially, but passes and boy can I tell a difference in my breathing for a while.  I will be brutally honest, I was in tears from being scared yesterday and I know I have no one to blame but myself.  I go back to doctor on Thursday for follow-up.  Not sure where the future is taking me but change must happen.
 
I have watched some of the Olympics, but mostly have been focused on my health and getting the various items around the apartment fixed.  Funny, you sign a new lease and everything goes to pot.  Last night I discovered one of the burners on the stove is out.  Need to get that fixed.  A huge thank you to Markie for taking time out of his day to take my car in for servicing since I could not.  It was badly needed and had canceled once and so glad it could be done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment