Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trying To See The Positive

As I am captive for the week, I am trying to make the best of a situation.  One thing that is good is that I am able to maintain my meal pattern and work on dropping some weight as that is a huge (every pun intended) part of the problem currently.  Breakfast has taken on a yogurt and oatmeal for a good base for the day.  Mid-morning is a couple of slices of cantaloupe or pineapple.  Lunch is some sliced meats and cheeses and either a few crackers or slice of bread and I have some more fruit.  Afternoon snack is a handful of nuts. 
Dinner is mostly a salad with a protein.  Above is a close picture of what I had last night, but added a cut up chicken breast.  I am trying different proteins and salad dressings.  One thing that has helped a lot is that I am now taking a bowl and putting the dressing in first to reduce the amount used overall and then add the salad and toss it so everything gets a light coating and then add the protein.  Tonight I am likely going to make some coleslaw and add shrimp.  I have found this bag of shrimp that takes only a couple of minutes to cook and there is enough for several meals.  It is a lot about watching portion control.  That has been a challenge, but a friend shared a spreadsheet program that is helping in meal planning.  Trying to see the best side of a rather challenging situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment