Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Recap

A happy Sunday to you.  Well, it has been quite the week and tomorrow I will be testing the waters back at work.  I am feeling a whole lot better and have taken to heart something that the doctor told me to do not only on Monday but revisited on Thursday.  That is to just slow down.  While dealing with recuperating and being the big guy I am I keep trying to just live life per the norm.  Well, that is just not working.  Since Thursday, I have been doing more walking and at a slower pace.  Well, go figure, the doctor is right.  I can go much further and still keep a normal breath going.  Granted, it does get a bit more labored, but nothing like before.  I am hoping to get back to working on the stair walk in the next couple of weeks.  It is all about the baby steps.

Also, naps are a thing of beauty.  But they also make for night sleep not to be as sound.  Yesterday, while I did lay down for the 4 periods as required by the doctor, I only allowed myself to sleep once.  Thus, last night was a lot better sleep.  Going to repeat that this day. 

Groceries were delivered and I made a late brunch of a hamburger and egg mixture.  Added a bit of cheese and called it good.  Got to try a new coffee I received as a Christmas gift.  It is called Polin.  From their website:   The dark roast lends itself to a rich and flavorful cup of java. Whether you drink it with milk or "straight up," you will never be disappointed. This is South Florida's favorite espresso coffee.  Now what is interesting is that Markie found it in New Orleans.  But I must say it made for a good cup of java.

The Olympics are winding down and there is not a lot to watch on boob tube today.  Plan to get a couple of things out of the way and take the noted nap.  I did find out from my friend Michael that his good friend Gordon passed away early this morning.  Gordon was in his mid-80's and it more a blessing than anything that he passed.  He had not been well since mid-December.

Know that I am doing a hell of a lot better than I was and actually looking forward to getting back to work as I am a bit stir crazy being in this apartment for the last week plus.  We were to have this snow storm hit today, but alas, it did not happen which is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment