Monday, February 10, 2014

Blue Monday

Well, it was bound to happen.  What began as a kind of experiment back on November 20th has come to a close.  Damon departs tonight on an 11pm flight to Houston and then on to Jackson, MS where he will meet up with his friend Rob.  We have had a wonderful time and became a whole lot closer.  It was an awesome experience to get to know him better and to have time to laugh and experience a lot of different things.  He learned a lot about me and for me likewise about him.  It was with some trepidation that I went into this extended stay and in the end I am sad to see it end. 

The past 4 days were really cool and the snow Saturday night was like icing on the cake.  It made for a wonderful finale.  We watched movies, had Rob & Jodie over and in general got to have some quality time to wrap up this visit and also to look forward to his return which appears likely in May, but who knows, it might be sooner.  He is on a path now to wrap up some things which I refer to as the "What If"" list.  He needs to do this for him so that he can move forward and likely so we can move forward.

He surprised me with a box of Valentine chocolates which was very nice and we exchanged cards.  By the way, I shared the chocolates with him, I am not a complete pig.  During his stay he realized he actually likes asparagus and blue cheese.  I got him hooked on The Food Network and HGTV.  The Colbert Report and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart became a part of our daily routine.  He makes a mean breakfast and is so helpful in so many ways.  With his departure I will need to take on a lot of the projects that he jumped in and took over.  What I do know is that Damon has touched my life in a way few others have in the past decade.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment