Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic Fever - Not!

This is what, day 5 of the winter games and I am just not into them this year.  It is not that they are horrible, just not exciting.  Perhaps it is the 12 hour time zone difference or all the negative stories that keep coming out of Russia.  The results to date have been less than stellar in that so much expectation was put on the shoulders of the athletes and they have gone bust.  I do try and tune in to watch yet find myself channel surfing as they are not keeping my attention. 
What I do know is that the opening fireworks were pretty awesome and that Olympic flame is huge.  Last night on the NBC Nightly News, they showed a picture taken from space and you could see the flame, pretty amazing.  I do hope to see an improvement in the coming days, but even with Markie clipping articles and forwarding articles online, I am still pretty uninterested.  Have not bought a single trinket and do not know if I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment