Friday, April 30, 2010

Hello Friday and Hello Friends...

First up this evening is a bit of nostalgia. Below is a menu from Woolworth's 1957. My sister sent this to me and I was amazed not at only the prices, but the simple layout and selection. Oh for the days of being simple. I am trying more and more to be simple in my life. Enjoy the journey back in time and then be ready for a shocker!

Suck the meat and toss in a cup of coffee!
It seems a rule of nature that tasty things get placed in one's mouth. And nothing is tastier than a good slice of bacon. So, needless to say, we love sticking bacon in our mouths. But sometimes it's just too inconvenient to have bacon at hand. What's a geek to do? Find a source to get Caffeinated Maple-Bacon Lollipops - that's what! So we did.

Behold Caffeinated Maple-Bacon Lollipops; look at them and cheer. For not only are they each a time-tested wonder of organic, sustainably farmed bacon mixed with a deluge of delicious Vermont maple syrup, but they are loaded with the same amount of caffeine as an energy drink! Seriously, Caffeinated Maple-Bacon Lollipops are the two best things about breakfast (bacon and the caffeine from coffee) all mixed together into one delicious confection. Yummy in our tummies. Thanks to Think Geek for this amazing enlightenment!

So where do you go from there? Why not just just change topics completely. I am ready to do so. Food has consumed this blog a bit much for the week even for me and I feel that sometimes you just need to pause and go - so cool. That is what I did when I got this picture via an email this week. I would love to know where it came from but it just had me laughing and amazed at the same time. Perspective is all in the visual. Pause and enjoy as we just had our full moon for the month. The next one is like the 27th of May.


And finally, for this Friday, I think it is fun to end on a light note. This week I have used several photos from a website I discovered last weekend and well, this one below just had me laughing to no end. Sometimes you just have to say, "That is so GAY!" And this is one of those times. Who knew when they did it the repercussions it would have decades later. Well, hello Alan! Is nothing safe anymore, guess not. Have a great weekend and enjoy the arrival of May!

By the way, I did more posting in the month of April than all of last year combined. I think I am beginning to enjoy doing this. Thanks for all the feedback, it is fun to know what you are thinking about what I am putting up here. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. The maple syrup, bacon pops with caffeine is over the top in the more simplistic way while the postings yesterday are over criminal! Don't see myself trying any of them.
    My glasses need glasses to read the menu! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went with my BFF (okay, my hag) Judy last night to Voodoo Doughnuts, and brought Alex home a maple bar with bacon. So disgusting I made them wrap it in paper and then put it in a large separate bag so I wouldn't have to smell it. (I hate maple, if you don't recall.) How much simpler (and less fattening) to just buy him the lollipops!

    ReplyDelete