Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Mixmaster

Good day to one and all,

Well, Trista gave her notice last week and so interviews have begun. Interesting lot this day = 8 different interviews and tomorrow another 8. Mark arrives Thursday and is here for a day to get things focused forward. I think it is more than interesting that in the two days we have had this week, yesterday one accounting staff member took a "personal" day and today another got hives supposedly while a third got sick during her shift. One must wonder if Cassie will be ill before the end of the week and heaven forbid if a full plague hits before the end of next week. Don't get me wrong, I will miss her a lot, but life goes on people. I do think at least two will find jobs elsewhere as soon as possible while a third could lose her position. One thing I do know is that Trista has been quite lax in their being on time and that will likely have to change.

OK, so enough of the work stuff, I got home and with gray skies overhead I decided to do something comfort. It is the classic "Betty Crocker Goulash" dinner of ground beef browned and then add a bottle of Paul Newman's Marinara sauce and a bag of frozen petite peas and cook that up and stir into a pot of pasta for a meal with a bit of Parmesan cheese added for flavor. There is enough for dinner plus a couple of lunches and that is good in that between yesterday and today I spent nearly $30 on lunches. Granted, yesterday I treated Curtis to lunch, but still, it can be expensive and this will take me through the end of the week. Plus I have several meals on tap using up the stuff in the frig as I am on target still to go see my favorite sister in Portland this weekend.

Last week I posted about some trips I have taken and France being a favorite destination. Well, Easter Sunday I mentioned my dear friend Ani and how we were in Turkey in 2004. That was only half the trip. The second half was going on a two week tour of France with a gentleman I know by the name of Michael B. He so wanted to have the next big touring company. Sadly, he made a huge mistake, It was all about him and not his guests. I know I have a whole summary somewhere and will pull it some time and post over the course of several days because never in your life have you been on a trip where so much could go so wrong and yet you kept finding ways to make the best of the situation. That one experience has kept me always thinking about the rest of my group when I lead tours. Here is a picture she took of me at the Eiffel Tower:


Is that not just a great perspective shot. I love the Eiffel Tower almost as much as the Chrysler Building, but don't go getting all crazy, it is still my favorite. I just feel so fortunate at times at all the travel I get to do and even after my initial trip in January and February, I am still thinking of where I am going for the rest of this year. Going to likely stay in the USA. That's cool, but then next year I do sense a trip overseas again, have given myself some motivation for that. Anywho, I do think a few more call need to be made and so will close for now - Cheers!

1 comment: