Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friday Post on Saturday - Part 2

OK, so I arrive at Rob & Jodie's for the sofa "chris"tening and since this is not a ship we are going to christen we did not feel we needed to hold to tradition and use champagne. Thus, we decided to enjoy cocktails. Rob was in the kitchen making them and asked what I wanted. Currently I am a big fan of Smirnoff's Pomegranate Vodka and so Rob had a bottle chilling in the fridge. He asked me jokingly, do I just want the bottle with a straw and I said yes! I continue talking to Jodie and all of a sudden she bursts out laughing and I go what as Rob leans over the sofa and presents my cocktail:




Be careful what you ask for! OK, so we did this totally for posting to the blog. I did not drink the bottle with a straw. He put it on the rocks with a splash of lemon-lime to fizz it a bit. Quite nice. We also ordered pizza from a place on Aurora Avenue called Trattoria Roma. OMG! What great pizza. They ordered two pizzas - first was the Quattro Stagoni with prosciutto, mushrooms, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and homemade pizza sauce. They like to add artichoke hearts and olives but for some reason, while they ordered them, the place did not put them on. Bummer, would like to have tried the full experience. Next up was a good old fashion pepperoni pizza. The thing I noticed about this place is that the cheese goes on the top as a finish instead of as a base. How odd, but quite good. Enough where I went back for seconds. Later on during our double feature Rob brought our little dark chocolate thin mints just like being at a theatre. Oh, and by the way, am I glad we decided to sit around their dining table for dinner as the pizza leaked grease.

1 comment:

  1. Pizza that leaks grease is the best kind! Hey, when I used to make pizza when the kids were at home I always put the cheese on top and everyone loved it. Odd yes, but so yummy! :) Glad the sofa got "Chris"tened.

    ReplyDelete