Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bacon Broccoli Pesto Pasta

A couple of weeks ago Damon went into the market and I asked him to gt me a bunch of basil for a salad.  He returned with a tube of basil pesto.  Well, sometimes you just have to be creative and tonight was exactly the night it happened.
So here’s what I used:
1/2 pound bacon sliced into chunks
2 cans mushrooms
A bunch of fresh broccoli (Damon loves broccoli so I added quite a bit)
Box of Penne pasta
Pesto sauce (mixed the tube of basil pesto with 1/3 cup olive oil)
Salt and pepper to taste

Here’s what I did:
I cooked the pasta and broccoli separately.
I cut the bacon into chunks, and set it to fry. Once it was almost done, I drained most of the fat, leaving a little bit so the rest didn’t stick to the pan. I added the mushrooms and pesto sauce.
Added the broccoli to the pan mixture and warmed it up before tossing it in with the pasta.

At the last minute I decided to add Parmesan cheese and it was a perfect addition.  While enjoying it I did think that pine nuts might be nice, but at some point you just have to say - stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment