Thursday, July 18, 2013

Meatloaf For Dinner

Last night I decided to make meatloaf for dinner.  It was a yummy dinner.  I took the recipe below and doubled it.  Thus we had enough for dinner and then made meatloaf sandwiches for lunch today and there is enough left over for tomorrow as well.  I did make one adjustment in that I used half & half instead of milk.  Should have cut it down by about a quarter cup.  Since I doubled the recipe I made two loafs and on one I used Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and on the other I used Maker's Mark BBQ Sauce.  Each had a different flavor which made it fun.
 
To go with the meatloaf I cut up a beefsteak tomato and poured blue cheese vinaigrette on it.  Damon got to enjoy the last of the Chinese he had leftover from the other night which was mostly the shrimp fried rice and so he got his carbs in.  I got to have the last couple of spoonfuls of Bacon Pesto Pasta.  I have no clue what will be on tonight's menu as I totally spaced pulling the chicken out of the freezer.  Time to get creative or else order in something.Want to be careful as we head south to Portland tomorrow to see Janet and then off to the beach for the weekend.

 
 
 
ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
 
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3.In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment