Friday, July 5, 2013

Rolling Into The Weekend

It is a wonderful 70 here in Seattle with clouds clearing and we are slated to not get above mid-80's through the weekend. I am in the office this day, although not in much of a work mode to be honest. It will be a short day. A friend of mine took Damon to see The Museum of Flight. Rob is a member and loves the place. I have been like three times and it is interesting, but Rob could go just about every week and spend the day. He loves the stuff and is a member so Damon gets in for free. Tonight he is going to meet a guy he knows from online and they are going to a BBQ or something and that is just fine by me. It will be nice to have a night to call my own.

We have been having some interesting conversations and while currently most everyone he knows is through me, I am telling him that he needs to break out and meet people so that he does not feel that everything filters through me. That is why tonight is such a good thing really. It ends up that the guy lives less than a mile from my place. Seriously, of all the places in Seattle and to be that close.
We went to a BBQ last night at some friends place down in Kent and then headed home before it got dark to avoid all the insanity. So glad we did. As you can see from the above photo, there was a huge boat storage facility fire right before the fireworks went off and 14 boats burned causing $1.5 million in damages. It was started by people setting off illegal fireworks.  Oh my goodness. I have to say I watched Macy's fireworks in NYC and the one's here in Seattle on the TV and in both cases, they were not nearly as memorable as last year. Not sure if it is the music or the selection.

I was glad we had planned ahead to depart on the early side from Heather & Deb's last night in that they had about 30 people over and there were all of 4 of us being non-smokers and that was odd to say the least, thankfully we were outside, but further, they were a hardy drinking group. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my share of vodka tonics, but these people were throwing back shots like there was no tomorrow and getting blottoed. Is that even a word? They were quite toasted by our departure and the sad thing they planned to set off all sorts of fireworks in the back yard. It was mighty dry back there and I worry a spark could have set off a fire. Some how mass quantities of booze and fireworks is never a good combination.

Tomorrow is going to be a day of chores and then hosting several people for a BBQ and playing some games. It will be nice to have them over and just relax. At this point we have kept Sunday completely free for whatever might come along. I like that kind of day.  And so folks that is how the first weekend in July is kicking off here in the Emerald City.

No comments:

Post a Comment