Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Foodie Tuesday

Usually I post food pictures on Sunday and talk about the food.  Well, that is all fine and good unless you are being a complete slug on Sunday and do not even open the computer cabinet to do any work on the computer.  Such was the case this past Sunday.  I took a nap and sat on the balcony enjoying coffee for over an hour and just did a lot of nothing.  Thus, it is time to share a couple of pictures with you from weekend cooking.
This is the tray of ribs as they came out of the oven.  I followed Michael's recipe which I shared earlier, but sadly, my oven cooks hotter and they should not have stayed in for a full 90 minutes.  Lesson learned, but still with a dabble of BBQ sauce they were mighty tasty.
Sunday brunch is a time where I opt out of oatmeal and enjoy something completely different.  This past Sunday I took some mild Italian sausage and cooked it up.  Then I added in some eggs to do a scramble.  Once cooked and quite hot, I placed on serving dish and topped with some 4-blend shredded cheese.  Add an iced coffee and I was one happy camper.  By the way, the three onions on the right are Walla Walla Sweets and I plan on sautéing them and putting on some sausages later this week.

Tonight I was going to be cooking up a dish of chicken breasts, but not going to happen as they have not thawed enough to cook proper.  Not quite sure how they will be prepared, but may keep them simple and then use several nights and finish off as I get to them.  So now have to decide what will be for dinner?  But one thing is for sure this evening, I am having cottage cheese topped with local blueberries.  Yes, a nice summertime dessert treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment