Sunday, July 14, 2013

Viva le Bastille

However you may celebrate this day, may it be one that is filled with fun and good times.  I am up at 5am to watch the Tour de France.  I do enjoy watching the race.  During the week I see it tape delayed in the evening, but on the weekend I get to see it live. 

Yesterday, Damon got up early and made some vanilla pudding with strawberries.  I was amused as he said, "I heard people eat clotted cream and berries while watching this and this was as close as I could get'"  I laughed and shared that was usually during Wimbledon.  But he was within the same month and continent! 
I could not help myself in posting a second picture of fireworks, you know how much I love them.  And below is a painting that I saw at the Musée d'Orsay and a favorite.  If you ever get to Paris it is truly one of my favorite places.  It is on the left bank of the Seine. It is housed in the former Gare d'Orsay, an impressive Beaux-Arts railway station built between 1898 and 1900.

No comments:

Post a Comment