Sunday, September 5, 2010

State Visit to Oregon - Marlin and More

This is an amazing place to go to and PBS showcased it on a special this summer and I have been proud enough to know Alex who runs the place is amazing. We had a ball catching up and they sat us at a table where any big person should never, ever have been put, but hey, they can get over it. We sure did and had a great time.So in this picture above, look close at the cook's window where food is put up to go out to tables for the customers and to the right is a large bottle. That is an empty Chemay bottle from a beer taster's dinner that Alex, Lisa and I assembled years ago just after he opened the place. It was a great night and the members of E&A have no idea that this still exists and is a testament of that night and the future of his place.So here is what we did have for brunch. Marlin asked for and got a breakfast special usually reserved for 7-9 in the morning Monday through Friday, but the server was nice enough to get it made for him and he liked it. Grilled Polenta and black bean cake with 2 eggs and creole sauce. Can you just go ahead and say YUM right now! I on the other hand decided to go for a house favorite - Scotch Egg and Potato Pancakes. A Scotch Egg is a hard boiled egg wrapped in bratwurst, lightly breaded and fried golden brown and for this dish it is served with three potato pancakes and horseradish cream. And indeed I added another scotch egg because I was hungry. I opt out of apple sauce and go for a bit of maple syrup on the potato pancakes. Call me crazy. Afterwards, I paused at a florist just down the block and found some lovely cards plus a festive Buddha boy bank and then it was home bound as after walking the farmer's market and seeing Darlene and Marlin, my ankle was screaming.

Janet and I were to be off to see a movie and have dinner. That did not happen. The ankle was in pain and well, I kept it elevated and we ended up enjoying dinner in from Noodles and had pasta and salad plus watched more of the shows that she had on her DVR. Quite frankly, I really enjoyed our time of just sitting there, talking, relaxing and spending time together.

End of Posting six - State Visit to Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment