Sunday, September 5, 2010

State Visit to Oregon - Seeing Judy!

So Janet got home and we rested and chatted for a half hour or so and then it was time to head out and get Judy. The Ya'Ya's got together and showed their support for Judy and she was quite touched. Also, a big Thank You to Wonderful for the lovely bottle of "Hope" that he made for her. We got to the restaurant and thanks to Janet for calling ahead we only had to wait about 15 minutes for a table.

Tad's Chicken N' Dumplings is an institution in Troutdale and sits right on the Sandy River. It has lovely views and is just a delight. Not fancy, but boy is it stable and packed all the time. OK, so the fact that the three of us were among the youngest people there outside the wait staff should also say something. The sun was setting and a bit of chill set in so the big glass doors that open out on the river got closed.

When you sit they bring a little relish dish and it is like those you remember for our childhood (ok, that is for anyone 40 and older, thank you very much!) and then you get soup, salad or cole slaw. Janet and I opt for the cole slaw while Judy goes for salad. Guess they had an abundance of carrots as our coleslaw is just douched in carrots! I also ordered an appetiser of chicken livers. By the way, can you guess that I like chicken livers...over the weekend I got to enjoy them not once, not twice, but three times! Yes, I am a lucky man.

Dinner arrived and Janet opted for the steak and potato with green beans and oh it looked good and she does like it.
I decided to do something different and go for the scallops and glad to have tried them but not again, no worries, they just don't do them the way I like. Also, asked for a side of mayo for my fries, well I got the BIGGEST bowl of mayo I have ever received. Too amusing.
As you can see, Judy went traditional and got the Chicken & Dumplings. Side of Gravy and Green Beans and well, she had enough to take like half home for the next day.
For dessert the ladies opted for Blackberry Cobbler and I went with Peppermint Ice Cream. It was a mighty fine dinner and thank you again Janet for such a wonderful meal. What a treat to be sure. We got Judy home and then headed for Janet's where she introduced me to a new show on Lifetime that had me howling "On the Road with Austin & Santino" and OMG! Too funny!

End of Posting two - State Visit to Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment