Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday Dinner Delivered

Due to Rob and Jodie attending a company Christmas party last Saturday, my birthday dinner was delayed until last night and oh was it worth it!  Above you can see the table is already full with bread, fois gras, and a delicious salad of sliced brussel sprouts, toasted pecans, crasins with a honey mustard dressing.  I think I liked it best and even had a second helping.  There is leftovers that will be enjoyed later today.
Now tell me, how often can you actually grill on the deck in December.  Rob was so generous to brave the cold and look at the results.  Four beautiful New York Strip Steaks.  I got to have the one on the left.  You might notice the ivory steak knives.  They were a wedding gift to my parents back in 1953.  Scrimshaw handles and they are still just as beautiful as ever.
Here is my plate before the feasting began.  It was just delightful to spend an afternoon into evening with two of my favorite friends.  Of course, it was an added bonus to have Damon joining us this year.  Now you might wonder how this all came to be?  Well, I wanted to have a peanut butter pie for my birthday and the only way Jodie would agree is if I let her make me an entire meal.  Well, this week she called and asked if I wanted to have the dinner over at their place or at mine.
Well, my friend Jeff is an amazing glass artist and made me some extra Haiku glasses.  He also included one he made especially for Rob and that is the one just to the left of Rob above (this picture was taken during dessert in case you did not figure it out) and it says simply TROLL which is a nickname for Rob.  Thus, by having them bring the dinner here we were able to surprise Rob with the glass.  Yes, my birthday and other people got surprises.  The peanut butter pie was to die for and we also played a game of Catan - yup, I won!  A very fun day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment