Saturday, December 28, 2013

Joy!

The box says it all.  The joy one gets from seeing paperwhites grow almost before your eyes.  I received the above from my sister about 10 days ago.  You can see the progress.  A bit about the flower courtesy of Wikipedia:  Narcissus papyraceus (from papyrus and aceus; meaning paper-like), one of a few species known as "Paperwhite," is a perennial bulbous plant native to the Mediterranean region. The white flowers are borne in bunches and are strongly fragrant. It is frequently grown as a house plant, often forced to flower at Christmas.

My planned trip to the beach this day was canceled as my tummy was still not a completely happy camper.  Also, Michael is still not feeling 100% after dealing with his cold for 10 days.  I think it best to step back and let nature allow us time to heal and not press on and try and make things happen.  I look forward to seeing him in two weeks for Ya-Ya weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment