Monday, December 2, 2013

It Just Makes Me Go Hmmmm?

A friend sent me this picture of his tree this year.  It is quite lovely, but more like something I would see at a store rather than in one's home.  First, not a big fan of foil trees and then the whole red, white and blue theme going on is just not saying Christmas to me.  I try and not be judgmental and enjoy each person's interpretation of the holiday and yet this just had me pause.  I can not say I do not like it.  I cannot say I like it. 

What I can say is that the ornaments remind me of ones we had as kids that were the big glass ball ornaments and Mom used to use them on a coffee table display with fresh greens and candles.  Grandma did as well.  Oh it is fun to look back and who would have thought a picture that made me go hmmm would in turn poke at the past.  Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment