Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Morning Blues

The first full day of being back on standard time and the blustery weather has past and oh yes, it is the start of the work week.  Lucy is sick today.  She is our controller and this is the second week she has been sick over the weekend into the work week.  I worry about that girl.  I wore a blue shirt and was kind of feeling in a blue mood the whole day.  By the way, to find the above image I Google searched for blue things and what an array of images popped up.  There is just something about waking up on Monday and feeling ick.  Not sick, just ick.  It is not until about Wednesday that I get that feeling I will make it through the week. 

After slogging through the day, and let me tell you it was a lot of slogging.  I was glad to head for home.  There were at least three different phone conversations that just became totally muddled and the person began sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher.  Each time I just had to  interrupt and say, "It is not making sense, either let's talk tomorrow or email what you want to say."  Sometimes my mind just gets to overload and I want to scream.  The last call before my departure was from the wonderful Mr. Owen, my boss.  He was trying to figure out all these charges on the company credit card and was just sure that someone is trying to rip him off.  He started off challenging the $8,000+ charge to Whistler.  Well, that was noted on the email to him last week (thankfully) and was payment for the condos when we go up at the end of the month for Thanksgiving.  Then there were tickets for Halloween in Phoenix and some games he had insisted we buy on Amazon.  Each item I took time to go and look and see what was going on.  No there were no unanswerable charge questions. 

I think I may have shared that I have discovered a new way to drive home that I take when exiting off I-5 at Lake City Way.  Well, now that has been extended to a new venture that cuts my drive time down to just under 30 minutes and at the same time costs $3.70 in toll for the 520 Bridge.  But some days it is just worth it.  So I depart the office and head north on I-405 and exit onto Hwy 520.  Over the bridge on Lake Washington and then take the Montlake Blvd. exit.  That leads to 35th Avenue and I then take that all the way to 125th and turn left, then right and I am home.  Quite relaxing and it was then time to enjoy an afternoon nap.  Oh the day that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment