Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Not Quite As Planned

We got up bright and early today and headed north arriving at border at 10ish.  I, up to this day, have been in Canada about 30 times since getting my papers allowing me to travel freely to Canada and to vote once again.  In fact, earlier this month I voted thus why would I think anything is wrong?
 
Alas, somehow, someway, my conviction flagged at the border and after sitting in a cold office and drilled for nearly two hours - how did I cross the border so many times - like is that not your job to figure out Mr. Border Agent... 
So I was declined but told if I wanted to pay $1,000 I could get a one-time temp Visa and apply for a permanent one costing another $1,000 for future trips.  Another option would be to sit in a jail cell until Monday for a hearing or return to the US.  Jodie and Rob were AMAZING and drove me back to Seattle and Damon as well, and then turned around to head back as they are now doing the cooking and my job as well.  They finally got shopping done and to the condo just before midnight after starting off at 7am on first attempt. 
 
I plan to inquire what had happened.  It was never a problem.  I am no longer welcomed in a country for something I did 22 years ago and have paid my fines and did my time.  One pissed off guy!  Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment