Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Sunset

This is a stunning picture taken down in California by a good friend.  Brad has a natural knack for taking great pictures and every once in a while he shares one that he fines truly stunning.  I think he made a good choice this time.  It is amazing what nature can create for our enjoyment. 

It has been a quiet weekend in that I decided since I had been so sick last week I would just hang at the apartment.  I did for the most part, but did have to run a few errands.  I left the apartment just past noon and it was scary at how empty the streets were.  I then realized that kick-off of the Seahawks game was going to be just about half past one.  Guess a lot of people were at parties and at the game.  I enjoy watching, but will not stop my life for a football game.  I even fell asleep as I was watching the 4th quarter but knew they would likely be winning and they did.  But oh did the nap feel good.

Since I have been sick I noticed that my appetite is just not there.  I really have to force myself to eat food.  How odd.  I do not see it as a problem at this point, but more of an observation.  After not eating real food for nearly a week, it is challenging to get back in the saddle and I decided to start with some simple chicken breasts and veggies.  Next week I will try salad and see how it goes.  With Damon's arrival on Wednesday it will be fun cooking for more than one again.  Seems I get more creative at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment