Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yes, yes it is that time of the year again when everyone decides they are Irish and feel this amazing need to go out and drink a lot. Not sure where it started, but so be it. I am only hopeful that those that decide to drink more than they should have made arrangements for a ride home. One can only guess the police will be out in full force. Have fun and know that there is work tomorrow.

But beyond the drinking there are celebrations all over the world. We have a group in Ireland and they are spending today in Dublin. It will be fun hearing the stories when the group gets back from the trip. This is Julie's first time hosting and I have to say that so far, no news is good news. Back here in the states, the party got started last Saturday when Chicago colored the river green in the city. They use an orange powder to do this and it is really amazing to see how popular it is. Additionally, the First Lady brought a new tradition to the White House last year and they did it again this year and that is turning the fountain at the White House green for the day. We all need a laugh now and then. By the way, it is rumored that this weekend the new National Christmas Tree is being planted to replace the one blown over in the storm earlier this winter.

It is a day for luck to be with you and many feel this is done by wearing green. I happen to be wearing green pants. Others wear shirts, beads, hats, you name it, it is out there. Shamrocks are often given for good luck and people always look for the 4-leaf clover. It is out there, but oh so rare. I am looking for some luck this day as I have a full slate of interviews for the position and hope to have success. Would like to get final three in tomorrow and be done by Saturday so next week is all about training. I am out of here on Wednesday and likely the same for Ashley. I have now met her and must share that I would never have hired her. She is so bland to me. not my cup of tea. But now in looking back all the hires of Kayla are really mini-Kayla's and that is kinda the way we hire. A lot of the people I hire have traits I see in myself. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment