Sunday, March 6, 2011

Who Knew and Follow Up

Apparently Friday, March 4, was facebook Defriend a Friend Day and I’m wondering why the hell I wasn’t aware of such a great event. A blog I read let me know this and I have blatantly taken Bill's words and redone them a bit as I don't have his gift of gab to be honest.

It may be because I am going there less and less and only have like 50 facebook friends {four or five or six of whom are always teetering on being defriended by me at any time} and I am tending to pay less to no attention to that particular form of incredibly annoying social media {Please, tell me, have you been "poked" recently? Not I}.

I’ve been asked before by {real} friends why I have so few facebook friends — given the fact that I’m now a world famous {in my fevered imaginings} blogger.

And my answer is always the same — If I’ve never frickin' met you, how can we be friends?

Besides, most of the real friends I’ve got I connect with via phone, text or email and I just don’t really like what facebook is doing with my private information all that much, so why would I want to have a bunch of imaginary friends whom I no doubt would have even less in common with than my real ones? Plus, if we have not talked since high school, maybe there is a reason for many of you.

But at the same time, my time on facebook has brought a few people closer and that is wonderful. It also has shown me that trying to do a blog and facebook is just a bit much.

Anyway, while writing this post it got me thinking . . . . . that maybe I’ll head on over to my facebook page and defriend some more. Thus by the time I go to be tonight I will be down to 30 and by end of week, perhaps the plug will be completely pulled.

Better late than never, right?

Amazon Fresh Update: Wrote a message to them and they are passing along to the Transportation department. Next delivery is going to include a bouquet of flowers as a thank you for my time. Mind you, I basically cut and pasted my post so I was balanced and fair. Oh what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment