Friday, July 20, 2012

A Day at the Apartment

Awoke to a hell of a storm this morning.  Lightning, thunder and rain really made for a messy commute.  Glad I did not have to be out in it.  Last Tuesday Broadstripe officially became Wave Broadband.  In the flip, I lost my first 30 channels.  Now they are promoting their great 24/7 customer service and so when I called I found out that I had to hang out at the apartment from 9-5 today.  I would get a call 30 minutes out to let me know a service guy was on the way, otherwise I would have to wait until next Wednesday to get a more specific time.  Thankfully, I can work from home and took the time to also get the place looking a bit better as I had an old friend Keith stop by for lunch and then Helene was coming for dinner. 

Lunch was chef salads that I made and it was good to see Keith.  He had to get back to work and so the visit was short but good and we will likely connect in the future again.  Helene's bus ran a bit late and that's fine, we got to enjoy a bottle of crisp white wine and Chinese food from Shanghai Gardens.  I liked my fortune (no, did not eat the cookie) "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend."  There were plenty of leftovers and I have to say that once she was headed out the door and on to her friend Joe's at a little after 9pm, I was in bed and ready for a good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment