Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Meal & Memories

After a quiet weekend I invited Curtis and Josh to dinner.  As many of you have seen over the past couple of months, I have discovered a one dish dinner that is both healthy and delicious.  Tonight, I changed it up a bit and replaced the Alfredo sauce with a sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce and center cut pork loin chops were used instead of boneless chicken breasts.  Asparagus was the steady component.  I also took nearly an hour to caramelize onions for the pork chops plus we enjoyed Cole Slaw and before hand there was peanut butter stuffed celery and deviled eggs to enjoy with cocktails.  Curtis brought a lovely Nebbiolo wine and it was a perfectly splendid dinner.

Later on in the evening I was looking at facebook and a friend, Sandy, posted a picture that brought back a lot of childhood memories.  I know we had these when I was a kid.  Did you?
Makes you pause and think back to the games we played and times we had back in Ashland at 697 Indiana.  What good times and fond memories.  Perfect for a summer evening.  Sit back, reflect and enjoy some of your own childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment