Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Quiet Day - As It Should Be

Today has been a very quiet day around the apartment.  Sure, I made a few calls to friends, but mostly spent the day reading The New York Times, drinking coffee, getting the blog caught up, napping here and there, reading magazines and just enjoying myself.  It is nice to have life getting back in order as I am no longer on Oxygen and the wheelchair is gone.  New bed is in place and bedding as well.  Have let go of some more things, but there was one thing still hanging around and it was time to say good-bye.
  This is a unit that has been here since I got home in mid-April and had to be used only once.  It is the base unit for the button that hung around my neck that I could use when necessary to say those famous words, "I've fallen and I can't get up."  Well, indeed it did happen once when the stool broke after dinner one night and it was most helpful.  But now I am back on my feet so to speak and even getting around without a cane more and more.  Granted, I still need to build up more leg strength, but overall, I am feeling back to my old self, just a whole lot less of it.
Also, took time today to vote and to sort some clothes as I am changing sizes.  Plan on making a donation later this week.  It is nice to take in the belt another notch and feel the shirts grow loose on me.  It is a long process, but one that will be lasting I feel.  Looking forward to joining the YMCA later this year once my legs are in better shape and thus, start swimming.  Tonight will be a quiet dinner and then watch the finale of "The Next Food Network Star" before heading off to bed.  Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment