Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bursts of Joy!

Yesterday I got to have several bursts of joy. One was talking to my sister on the phone. It is always fun to chat with her on the phone. While talking about her upcoming plans I looked out my window and here is what I saw!
A lovely burst of color in the sky and so I had to capture this moment and even decided to take a closeup to see where that always allusive pot of gold was going to be and sure enough it would be at the BMW dealership that opened in the neighborhood a year or so ago.
Then I looked the other direction and I realized just how much the bouquet of flowers had burst over the week. Seriously, $20 and a week of joy from these lovely Oriental Lillies! What fun and the color and the smell, really a burst of joy!
And yes, it is the 4th of July weekend and below is a display of a friend's recent purchase of fireworks to shoot off over the weekend! Oh my, it is going to be quite the weekend for him. Loved an email I got from him: "I may have to tap into my reserves. In truth, some of these scare me. I'm just playing with the lower right corner tonight. I have to work up to the big stuff. I am so glad I purchased my arsenal. The neighbor kids and I are at WAR!!! LOL They mere children have not seen my big guns --- yet!! Back to the battle." Oh the joys of having fun on a summer's night. And so it goes and time to head off for another joy...breakfast with Mick.

No comments:

Post a Comment