Friday, July 2, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin

Nothing quite kicks off the summer like 4th of July weekend. Oh sure, Memorial Day weekend is the "official" start of the summer season, but it is the 4th when the weather is hot and the skies are ablaze with fireworks. Oh how I love fireworks. I have never been to Washington, DC for the 4th but have seen the concert and show on PBS often. I have had the luxury of seeing the Macy's display in New York City numerous times, even having a picnic one year on FDR Drive and that rocked. This year I will spend the evening of the 4th with Rob & Jodie watching Macy's fireworks on TV and then the Seattle celebration from their apt. Having been on a yacht the past two year up close and personal, it will be nice to be sitting back and enjoying myself and not in that hosting frame of mind.
What ever you do to celebrate I hope it is a blast and that you have many fond memories. I look forward to posting some of the things that have been going on this week over the weekend, but hey, it is all about relaxing and so it might happen or a good book might keep me occupied a bit long. But seriously, there is nothing quite as delightful as a three day week, but oh the following 4 days will be a challenge, I just know it...but heck, forget about it for now! Happy 4th to one and all!

1 comment: