Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sizzling Summer Sunshine

Oh yes, everyone is all excited about happy sun and all the fun that you get to have now that it is out and all the fun things that can be done in the sun. No worries, it is all good. Oh sure, it is all good, but ask my event coordinator in Dallas who is home resting in a dark room as he is all sun burned and feeling nasty and such. He thought all was good, had not been burned this summer until the canoeing event Sunday and all the sun and reflection off the water = hello! People, Mr. Sun is not some innocent little orb in the sky. It is a mass of molten hot goo that is just edging to throw a solar flare our way and mess up cell phone service and GPS units everywhere. It is not our friend. It is our enemy.

Yes, I am the guy who hides in the air conditioning spaces and draws the blinds and jumps for joy in the rain and snow. Bring on the clouds and keep the real sun (see below) away from me it is just evil!

2 comments:

  1. Chris.........
    You do know that the sun is the source of all life on this planet, don't you?
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora here. Well, I am with you on this one Chris. My "bitch level" is about at the same temp as yours and my idea of heaven is sipping hot chocolate watching movies on a cloudy day. Keep in mind I am a bicylist so I do enjoy the outdoors but much rather ride on a cloudy day then sweating and panting on a 85-plus degree day.

    ReplyDelete