Sunday, July 11, 2010

Clouds, Calls and Catan

So this morning was not quite like this but I totally spaced taking a picture of the marine layer of clouds that socked in the city pretty good until nearly noon. It just made the whole morning a little calmer and nice and after doing the first post I read and slumbered and then I got to have a perfectly lovely thing happen...
I set about making phone calls to several friends I had not heard from in a while. Caught up with Chip in Portland and then Stephen called from Vashon and will get to see him in person and then Darlene in Portland chatted a bit and got me all caught up on Portland until the called arrived from Brad in San Francisco and we just chatted about our lives and where they are and where they are going, much like Michael and I tend to do so often. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends. Speaking of which another, Moonsong, stopped by at about 1:18pm and picked me up and off we went dodging all the tourists and made out way to Renton to Tyler and Randy's home for Settlers of Catan. We played a new version for me and in the end I won and it was quite fun.

Afterwards we enjoyed chicken livers, gizzards, chicken strips plus rolls, coleslaw and mashed potatoes w/ gravy. I opted to pass on the latter, but oh it was a delight and even got to bring the leftover chicken livers and gizzards home. Yes, Janet, I know you are oh so jealous. It was a very nice afternoon. Also tackled the card box as I continue on this mega-quest of reducing all the memories of like 4 boxes of stuff to three scrap books. This might get me first, but we shall see. Cheers!

1 comment: