Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Markie on Monday...

No this is not a picture of him, it is a stock picture I snagged from Google Images and is meant to add fluff and color to an otherwise flavorless posting. So now that we have that out of the way, this is the car he bought, but it could well be a different year in that I am no wizard on car makes and models. So deal and let's move on with the story...
Yesterday did not end at all like I thought it would. Had planned to come home from work and just have a quiet night of leftovers and PBS.

So I am getting ready to leave parking lot at the office and get a text from Markie..."Home? Cocktails?" Which I find odd in that we are having dinner tomorrow, Wednesday, to celebrate the Bastille. So, I reply that I am heading home and will be home by 5:15 or so.

Then, just before I begin to drive it hits me...I bet he bought a new car. He had been going on about how much the Jag had been costing to maintain. So I text back - "Get a new car?"

Upon arriving home there are several texts from him as I do not text or talk while driving now that you can get a big ticket. His reply "New to me." and "Be over in a few minutes" which ended up being like an hour later. Guess paperwork takes longer than he thought.

He got a used Miata which he really seems to like and is not as puff, puff, puff as the last two cars. So we had celebration cocktails and I shared with him my project of all the "stuff" I have been assembling. He was shocked to see I still had his invite to his retirement party from Microsoft.

So, thus, no posting last night. But I did get to have my leftovers a tad late and oh were they good, but I rather enjoyed them in silence as it was a cool summer evening and I decided to pass on TV for the night and read The New Yorker instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment