Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spain Celebrates World Cup Victory

My friend Lisa Heaton is in Spain on holiday and posted the following three posts on facebook about what it was like to experience the excitement of being in the city when Spain won:

Mom and I are in the hotel room, watching the World Cup. I've never watched soccer/football/futbol before, but how can you be in Barcelona without watching Spain in its first World Cup final ever? Now where did I put my vuvuzela?

The city did go absolutely crazy, although I didn't see the huge throngs of people I expected. Then again, we're in a more touristy part of the city, so I suspect the more residential area saw more partying in the streets. There were fireworks, and cheering, and horns honking, it was great!

As expected, there was much yelling and horn-honking and fireworks and general celebrating when Spain won last night. In fact, I wasn't in front of a TV when the winning goal was kicked (Gary arrived at the hotel and Mom and I had already hung in for nearly 100 minutes), but we could tell from the roar that went up outside what the outcome was. :-)


Oh it would be fun to be there, but I have to say I think Seattle is the envy of the world with our near perfect temps right now, I am not even bitching and that is saying something. Stephen is due soon and so not sure if another post will happen until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment