Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday Supper Surprise X 2

Was talking on the phone to Mom and Janet about hot it was 98 degrees in Ashland and 100% humid with thunderstorm pending any minute. There is a loud noise as Markie arrives. What is all this? Well, it is a 50 bottle wine frig that Curt no longer was using and sold to me for $50. OMG! We even found the perfect spot for it. If you look at yesterday's posting, it is just to the left of the floating book case behind the bed.

That was surprise #2 actually in that Markie had texted me that he was bringing dinner over and that was surprise #1, I thought he was just coming over to cool off and have a cocktail. Other than my morning walk I did not leave the apt. at all.

Markie took a short break and then proceeded to make a dinner of chicken and kashmiri palak paneer (a spinach based dish). Not having ever eaten this before, so in looking it up here is what I found: Palak Paneer, which also known as Saag Paneer, features wholesome flavor of cooked spinach (Palak) with fresh and delicate Indian cottage cheese, Paneer. For quick Palak Paneer, use frozen chopped spinach.You can also use canned spinach but avoid using it since it has more mushy texture and usually extra salt and spices. For vegans, substitute paneer with firm or extra firm Tofu.

Well the vegans are likely pissed as we added chicken but they can get over it and it even came out of a can Markie had found at the store at 50% off and after having it a few days ago saw the need to add either rice or pasta and so he opted for the latter and it all worked out quite right with a lovely slaw on the side. I am rather enjoying slaws this summer for some reason.

So now I need to finish breakfast and get out the door to work, but I thought that since I had a few minutes this AM I would share my good fortune with you. Enjoy your Monday. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment