Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Friday Saturday Sunday

Have you ever gotten up and thought it was a day that had yet to happen? That is what happened yesterday when I woke up and thought it was Saturday and just was taking my time and puttering and then poof, the cold reality was thrust upon me that it was 7:30am on a Friday and I am usually in my office by then. So I kick it into high gear and got ready and to the office by 8:10am and am sure I broke at least one law in doing so!

It had been that kind of week that just kicked my butt and I guess my mind went into overload and shutdown. Well, I made it through the day and was really happy when I looked at my computer and it said 3:20pm. The last email had been sent and Kayla was as prepped as she could be for the Cabo trip today. So far, no calls and thus, I hope all goes smoothly.

So what does all this have to do with the movie poster for Groundhog Day? Funny you should ask as I was just about to answer that. I actually got to enjoy waking up this morning KNOWING it was Saturday and that I do not have to be at the office. So I have been enjoying coffee, listening to NPR and loving the cool marine layer that has cooled us off to the point where the windows are open and fans are off. It is only 57 degrees at half past ten in the morning on July 31st!! Can you believe it. I am doing my happy dance in that I know next Saturday I will not be nearly as happy when I land in Houston, the cesspool of the south! Oh joy 90's and thunderstorms. My kind of summer. At least I know I am back in the northwest on the 12th and for that I am quite happy.

So this weekend is one of just being lazy. OK, as lazy as I can get which means reading, doing planning for the Fall-B-Que tour in late October and early November (posting on that is forthcoming) and I get to experience a new food joint tomorrow. Four of us visit Bastille Café in Ballard, a neighborhood in Seattle, for dinner. That is after going to Coastal Kitchen for breakfast with Damien and Amy. We connect for breakfast every 6-8 weeks and it is fun going to new places. I have not been to CK for a long time and have been jonesing to go for a while. Plus the apartment gets cleaned so we are talking a tri-fecta Sunday to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment