Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Melelelelelelelting...

Yes, I know it is like day two and I am on full bitch-o-matic mode but I do not do well in the heat. So very, very thankful for air conditioning and cool showers. Did escape work a tad early today to go and enjoy afternoon tea with Anita and Lars. What a delight to enjoy iced tea on the back patio with fan running and wonderful finger sandwiches and a fresh cherry tart to boot. A friend of theirs stopped by and delivered a bag of fresh cherries from just over the mountains and they were quite lovely. Got home half past five and got to enjoy a chat with Mom and Janet before they depart tomorrow for Eagle Crest and the Sisters Quilt Show on Saturday.I have gone several times and it is amazing as over 12,500 people from all over the world converge on Sisters on the 2nd Saturday in July every year for the largest outdoor quilt show in the world with over a 1,000 quilts on display. Quite the undertaking. I am so amazed at how Mom and Janet handle the heat. I just get by. So, on that now, time for another glass of cold water and catch up with you tomorrow. Cheers!

1 comment: