Thursday, January 9, 2014

How Time Flies

It really is amazing at how time flies when you don't think about it too much.  In the past 24 hours life has been a blur.  I am getting ready for my 4 day fast and it is not a pretty thing let me tell you.  We decided to have it be January 21-24 in that I got some very happy news by reaching out to a friend.  As many of you who have read this blog from time to time know, Jodie and Rob are dear friends.  I was sharing how I have noticed that they are eating well and put out an inquiry if Jodie would be interested in helping me with food prep and portion control.  She readily agreed.  Saturday she will be over with spread sheet and we are going to go over planning for a 2,00-2,500 calorie food intake menu. 
Next, I have begun the process of looking for a new place to move to and it has not been the most positive of experiences yet.  I decided in order to be more focused I would make a list of what I liked about the current apartment and what I did not.  After writing out the list of negatives, I decided to take action and called the manager yesterday and ask for a new toilet and also for a fob and key for Moonsong who cleans for me.  He agreed.  Now granted, that means I will still have black appliances and a washer/dryer where I do not like them.  But I will have my balcony that I like and there is the "Waste-valet" where I put out garbage and recycle in the evening and it is gone in the morning.  Additionally, I will not have to deal with the whole move thing.  Yes, I will still have a commute and the whole fob thing gets to me from time to time, but I was pleased to see that parking is not going up as had been planned and rent is going up by only $40 a month.  When you factor in all of that, well, I will be staying put for 2014. 

So now there are a couple of projects that Damon and I will be tackling over the next 4 weeks before he departs on the 10h of February.  Among them is building a sleeping platform.  I had one when I lived on Flanders in Portland and loved the firmness of it.  Also, I am going to be releasing about 50% of my book collection.  We are going to be writing down all the titles and authors and Damon is going to set up an electronic version for me.  That will make any future move all the more manageable.  Also, as we pack up Christmas and we arrange some of the apartment, I am going to let go of more of the "stuff" that I have not used since I moved back in April of last year. 

Ya-ya weekend is the weekend of the 17th - 19th and it will be fun to see Sandy and Cindy who I have not seen forever.  Michael will not be joining us and that is sad, but understandable.  There are things happening where he needs to focus his energy down in the Long Beach area right now.  Damon will get to step in to fill his place for the weekend, but really can anyone really fill in for Oyster Boy...I think not.  Like I said, it is amazing how time flies and what can change in 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment