Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Recap

To start off you can see that the paperwhites have begun to bloom.  They have gone wild and usually I would have used ribbon to hold them all together, but it has been fun to see them go wild.  Damon took a fun picture.

The bed platform is a tad tall in that when I sit on it properly my feet do not hit the ground.  In one way it is fun, but at the same time I do think I will reach out to Rob to cut them down by 2" to make it work better.

Dinner at Markie's was quite lovely.  Pork chops with a salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese.  We had an enjoyable evening and headed home.  It had been a full day and I was in bed by 10pm.  What a wonderful sleep I had on the new sleeping platform.

Sunday proved to be a day of getting various chores done.  But the nice part is that I did not have to leave the apartment and that is a good thing.  Got to catch up with my friend Amy in Portland who I had not talked to in months followed up with a nice Skype chat with Anne in France.  Her daughter Jade has her 11th birthday tomorrow and so I got to see her on screen as well.

I do not know if I mentioned, but Rob and Jodie bought a new 3-D HD 55" TV.  Indeed, it is huge.  They sold me their old TV for a song.  They needed the room and my TV has been a bit on the fritz for a while.  Damon was so excited to get it all hooked up.  I am keeping the old TV as a monitor for the computer.  Glad he is here to get all of them set up.  Got most of the Christmas stuff consolidated and it will be packed up over the next few days.  Indeed, it was a full week.

No comments:

Post a Comment