Monday, January 20, 2014

My 1,000th Post

Ya Ya Weekend Finale Brunch
At Le Bastille
To cap off our weekend the Ya-Ya's met up at Le Bastille which is located in Ballard.  The restaurant looks like a Parisian train station.  The group got a prime table in the center of the restaurant and our server was amazing.  Coffee around with several of the group opting for Bloody Mary's (I did not) and then it was time to order.  Above, the Farmer's Lunch was Rob's choice.  They kept him supplied in wonderful crusty bread to make it a fabulous experience.  Jodie decided to go with the classic breakfast which is two eggs, harissa-roasted Yukon potatoes, bacon or sausage and I think Jodie went for the sausage.
Damon started off with a serving of their soup du jour which was a cream of cauliflower soup.  Then Cindy and Damon decided to order the same thing.  Eggs en Cocotte which is eggs baked in cast iron with Skagit River ham, kale, béchemel & aged Comté.  It appears the eggs were a bit overdone for both of them.  But overall, they enjoyed the experience.
Sandy opted for the classic Eggs Benedict.  Marinated piquillo peppers, fines herbs Served with harissa-roasted Yukon potatoes.  Again, she commented on the overcooked eggs.  This seemed odd as their food is so usually spot on.  It was fun to see the farmer's market going on outside as we diner and while we arrived right as they opened by the time we left it was packed and the noise volume was quite high.
I decided to enjoy a "special of the day" It was a brussel sprout tartan with bacon and a frisee salad that was lightly dressed and topped with a perfectly prepared chicken's egg.  I added a side of bacon for some added protein.  Again thanks to Damon for the fun pictures.  Afterwards we parted ways and headed home to get some chores done and while Damon watched some of the tutorial on Access, I watched the game.

And Yes, The Seahawks go to the
Super Bowl in New York City
This was on facebook within minutes of the game starting and it made me laugh.  Quite the game, even for someone who is just that much into football.  Appears the city went into full party mode after the game and while watching the news this morning it seems there was only one minor fight among the celebrating fans.  I have a feeling the next two weeks will be a lot of hype and by the time the Super Bowl happens we will know every possible detail of the Seahawk's and their history.
 
So there you go...a double posting to mark my 1,000th post on the site.  It has been fun and I plan to continue doing it while I enjoy myself.  At the same time I do feel the need to pause and acknowledge the day as it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  Last week I watched "The Butler" and it really brought to focus just how horrible it was - and we are talking within my lifetime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment