Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Personal Victories & Challenges

What a wonderful thing to arrive home from work to find a new toilet installed that is 3' higher and oval in shape.  Above is what it looks like, but not the actual one I have as I found this photo via Google.  Sadly, I discovered this morning that there is a crack in the tank as there is water all over the floor behind the toilet.  Called the apartment complex and let them know.  Will see if it is fixed by the time I get home.

So today is day 3 of my 4 day fast.  I am going to be glad when I can have solid food once again.  It has not been horrible as I have tried to be creative.  But it has made for some interesting runs down the hall on short notice.  Damon has been a true champ as he has taken on his own food needs.  Let's just say he is a master of warming up soup. 

One thing I did not share about the Ya-Ya weekend was my serious concern about whether I could make it up the stairs at Jodie & Rob's place and then also getting from where I parked to the restaurant on Sunday.  While short on distance, both were challenging, but I did succeed.  Did have to pause a couple of times, but I knew I had to overcome the fear I had.  I refuse to become a prisoner of my current weight situation.  And I did.  Is it done and done - hardly.  But I know that I can move on and it has been noted that getting dressed in the morning is getting easier  
 
My next weigh-in is on February 4th.  Last time I was finally down 4 pounds and look forward to seeing where I am this time.  Perhaps all the tweaking we have been doing is a good thing.  Getting back into doing exercise has helped.  Jodie has been really working a lot with me to get portion controls under control.  It is all in the baby steps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment