Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bloom to Kaboom!

Decided to stop at Starbuck's on Mercer Island on the way to the office this morning and went through the drive-up per usual and as I was waiting in line I suddenly noticed a lovely gardenia magnoliua plant and caught this shot before getting my 4-shot iced coffee. (My thanks to my sister for correcting me on type of flower)
And who knew it was the calm before the storm as my boss was in quite a mood today.  It had to be one of the most intense days in a very long time, but hey, I did not turn to food as my comfort tool.  Nope, he is just not worth tossing out all my hard work, instead I took several deep breaths and shed a few tears plus take a wonderful drive with the air blowing in my face.  Made for an enjoyable evening of phone chats and Olympic coverage plus a delivery from Amazonfresh.  Sadly, due to a really bad packing job at the warehouse I had several items smash or break.  A quick call brought positive results.
But the biggest kaboom of the day had to reading about traffic snarls that are due to happen this weekend as we have a Seahawks game on Saturday plus there are no fewer than 7 major construction projects closing down everything from the Ballard Bridge overnight Saturday to 520 from Seattle to Bellevue being out of commission all weekend. It is the driest weekend of the year from what they say and so they are doing major construction to take advantage of the good weather.

The state has even gone so far as to provide tips on putting together a "traffic buster" survival kit. Suggested contents include: string cheese for the kids, toilet paper, flares, emergency kits, "a venti Starbucks coffee" and music to help the driver tune out frustrations, just be sure not to include the "Overture of 1812" it can draw unwanted attention.  Yes, that is a reference to the incident on the BCFerry.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a Magnolia blossom. We had a lot of them in Texas.

    ReplyDelete