Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Withdrawls

Yes, the show is over and what a fortnight it was.  The athletes were amazing and so many great moments to remember.  I watched sports I did not even know existed.  Who knew that there could be such excitement that I would wake up at 3am to see the men's and women's marathon live?  And now the games are over and here are some images from the closing ceremonies which I thought were so-so.  But yes, I did watch them, I am an Olympic whore you know.
Now we just have to begin the countdown to February 7, 2014 when the winter games open in Sochi, Russia.  That should be quite the show seeing that they are dumping over $18 billion into the building of the games and transportation systems alone.  Then there is the actual operating budget and that includes the security budget which isn't cheap.  Oh and in case they run low on snow they have been moving mass quantities to mountain tunnels for storage to have on hand just in case the 450 snow producing machines cannot keep up, but then, you probably already knew that!

No comments:

Post a Comment