Sunday, August 12, 2012

Saturday at the Apartment - Surprise!

I do believe I mentioned on Friday how it was going to be a gridlock weekend out there and sure enough all the newscasts shared how miserable it was.  Glad I stayed in and just worked on things around the apartment.  Finally got all my packages opened and things put away.  Newspapers are caught up and had time to catch a nap or three.  Just before noon there was a knock at the door.  I was not expecting anyone and no one had called.  So upon opening the door there is a gentleman holding a surprise for me. 
Oh my goodness.  A lovely bouquet of roses, zinnias, Gerber daisies, carnations, button mums, daisies and whatever that long purple flower is - I never remember it.  And tell me how often do you get a teddy bear in bondage!  The card reads as follows:
Chris, Get Well, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy St. Patrick's Day, Happy May Day, and Welcome Back!  Our heads are held in hand in shame for not letting you know you were always in our thoughts.
Although unsigned, I knew who was behind it and a few text exchanges with Curtis only confirmed.  Thus I called and thanked Lucy for this kind gesture and we have now moved on.  Although I had to let her know she forgot 4th of July and Happy Birthday among others!  LOL

And so was my Saturday.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Lucy could have left of Happy May day and your suggestion of Happy 4th of July because you were back in the saddle by then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please replace "off" for the "of" in the above sentence.

    ReplyDelete