Saturday, August 4, 2012

Festive Faerie Food Feasts

Today is the calm before the storm.  We are due for a heat wave (in Seattle terms that would be oh, two days!) where we are to have the hottest temps since 2010.  Drove home from work early due to the Blue Angels being in town for Seafair and they shut down I-90 for their practice sessions.  Not fun!  But arriving home got a text from Uncle Markie asking if I had dinner plans.  Since I did not, accepted, with the promise I would eat this time since last time I was just not in an eating mood.  Arrived and got to see several projects completed.  First is his new kick plate on his stove - it speaks for itself.
Next, he often finds treasures in my recycle room when over, more often it is Coke rewards points, but one time it was a diving belt.  What could he do with it, but of course, have custom flasks made to pour drinks on the go.  But, he had too many different flasks made and so he needed a bandoleer to hold the others.  So call him Captain Flask. 
And of course, there is the scooter.  He bought an electric scooter to make neighborhood runs, but it has to be customized to meet his needs, and this included the beverage holder and there is a basket that is going on the back as well.  He is not one to let idle time go wasted.
So after our news time with cocktails, it was time for dinner al fresco.  A bit bright and warm for my tastes, but I was the guest.  So we sat down to a delightful dinner of pan-fried pork loin chops with a salad of romaine, crumbled bacon and Roquefort.  He had me try a very nice Rose which was perfect with the warmer weather and the pork.
Headed home afterwards, and tried to ring Mick a second time to confirm time for breakfast the next morning.  Sometimes modern technology is not all that it is cracked up to be in that I arrived at his home at 8ish after three attempts to reach him (and leaving 3 messages) to find them a bit surprised I was about 30 minutes early.  Letting them know I could not change the delivery time of my grocery order, the boys kicked into overdrive making an amazing southern breakfast.
Above, Mick is hard at work making sausage gravy while in the skillet to the left is freshly minced hash browns by Brett.  They cooked away as homemade chicken friend steak warmed in the oven.  There was room for them after pulling the biscuits out.  And as if this was not enough, the crowning jewels was fried eggs.  As you can see below, it was a feast fit for a king, or a queen, but we won't go there...oh yes we did!  Again, it was dining al fresco and the back yard is in great shape. 
Home after just in time as Amazonfresh was at my door when I arrived.  Got groceries put away and did some other chores before letting a nap take over to get refreshed to enjoy more Olympic coverage.  It is hard to believe that today is the halfway mark.  We now move from the focus on swimming and gymnastics to track & field.

No comments:

Post a Comment