Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ladies & Gentlemen I Have Lost A Person

Today was weigh-in day and so I proceeded to the doctor's office.  Not in the best of moods as I am feeling bloated and the heat is on and well, the bitch barrier is about to be broken.  Went out to the car only to find I had gotten a ticket as I forgot to put the handicapped parking placard on the mirror.  You don't want to do that in Bellevue, WA where the fine is $450.00.  Thankfully, all I need to do is to send a copy of the placard and my handy card of holdership sent by the state and all will be good.  Made good time to Dr. Lindquist's office and Valeria took me right in for measurements.  She is a hoot and makes me laugh and I do the same in return.  Stepped on the scale and closed my eyes ready to hear that I had gone up (remember I told you I was feeling bloated) and so then she says - "451.1" and I just scream like a gurl!  What, you are kidding me.  But numbers don't lie.  So that means I am now over
less of the person I was back in February.  Down 225.9 pounds.  Seriously, we are talking a person here folks.  I was stunned and Dr. Lindquist was smiling ear to ear.  The way the day had gone was gone from memory and to say I am a happy camper is an understatement.  I did question him about why I was not down more sizes, etc.  And he said, "Just wait - your body is in a period of extreme adjustment and all will be good in a few months."  Now mind you, I have trusted this man from day 1 and everything has gone to plan.  He further cautioned me that I may hit a plateau as this is a stunning amount to loose.  I am clocking in at 4.75 pounds or so a week and that also made him happy.  He was concerned when I was averaging 8+ per week.  So now, I will take a moment to savor the day.  He also gave me a bag of his home-grown peppers to try.  We shall see how those go.  But what I do know is that, for now, life is good.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I know that you are happy and really don't want to find the person you lost! :-) I'm just thankful that you are looking and feeling so good! Bro is back!

    ReplyDelete