Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Miscellaneous

There are times when you have little bits of this and odds n' ends that don't quite make up an entire entry, but you want to share.  Well, this day is all about those items hanging around that I want to mention so here we go.  First up is Seattle Light Rail.  Finally, it is being extended and is currently running from downtown out to the airport.  Here is a picture of one of the trains as it makes the crossing before plunging into the tunnel to take it through downtown.
And here is another coming out of the tunnel.  It was fun to get one coming and going in one sitting. I do believe people are taking to riding it and the other mass transit option in the Emerald City, but still lag far behind Portland's mass transit.
Below is a fountain sculpture that I drive by every time I drive home from Markie's house.  It is a gear factory and the fountain is made of these massive boulders and water cascades down.  Quite stunning.

 This is the cover of a cook book that Markie gave me recently.  It is from his Mother's collection that she let go of as his parent's moved into an assisted living facility and they needed to downsize big time.  It was assembled by the Kansas City Junior League.  I was more than amused to see notes throughout the book saying whether recipes were good or poor or needs something extra.  You can't replace these kind of books.  I really felt honored to get it and look forward to trying some of the recipes.  While I am going to be releasing a good chunk of my books, there are two categories that are just too hard to let go of any at this time...cook books and over sized art books.
And finally, this is a huge bed pillow that my friend Jodie made for me several years ago from a quilt made in Fiji and I acquired on Fire Island years ago.  Loved the pattern and yet there were so many tears all over it was time to let it go, but I found a nice panel of squares that I was able to cut out and will have it framed so that the memories will live on.  Another item reduced in size as I am taking steps to reduce my belongings by 20% before I move next April.  Yes, I am living by the motto of living simple.  It is a really great feeling.  In fact, most of my gift giving between now and then will be recycling items that I think others will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment